Kodama Forum

Shipping to Chile

Comments posted here will get priority over comments posted on Kickstarter. Ask for and get info about shipments, schedules, etc.
Smectic

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:46 am  

Hi there!
Been following the updates and this week was supposed to have an update on shipping tracking numbers, right? Any info on shippings to South America and Chile in particular?
Thanks, can't wait to get my machine!

Best,

WhiteFang

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:01 pm  

Yup, supposed to get an update this week.. Depending on your region, a week either starts on Sunday (silly Americans) or Monday (yay Europe). Therefore it follows that this week will run possibly as long as midnight on Sunday, and probably for whatever Asian time-zone they are in... I'm hoping for soon, but expecting to not read anything until Monday morning EST when I get in to work. . .

We should open a betting pool on when the update will show up! :P
US East Coast, Kickstarter #1012, plus-package with added laser safety panels for enclosure.

Kevin44087

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:30 pm  

WhiteFang wrote: Depending on your region, a week either starts on Sunday (silly Americans)

American here, sunday is definately the last day of the week. Calanders just show it on the left side but noone sees it as the first day of the week :P

WhiteFang

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:00 pm  

Kevin44087 wrote:
WhiteFang wrote: Depending on your region, a week either starts on Sunday (silly Americans)

American here, sunday is definately the last day of the week. Calanders just show it on the left side but noone sees it as the first day of the week :P

I hate to get on you here, since I agree with you, but by and large, you are WRONG, and while I am not a citizen, I am also an American, or at least I live here with my greencard. :) I've learned that the US counts weeks differently from large portions of the world, and that officially, the week STARTS on Sunday in the US (hence US calendars show it on the left). As far as you stating 'noone sees it as the first day of the week', my American wife would heartedly and heatedly dissagree with you all day on that one. She most certainly sees Sunday as the first day of the week and will defend that view to her grave.. so clearly at least 1 US citizen sees it that way! :)

Also, there are articles about it online, as this can, have and will continue to cause confusion when planning things on a global scale. Project planning tools and calendars on US systems will have different week# counts and 'week start on' settings by default than same software on a e.g. European system.
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/days/monday.html

Also, to be super clear, my above 'tirade' is in 100% good natured smiling fun of it, so sorry if I came across confrontational. I actually get a kick out of these types of idosyncracies! (Two other pet peeves of mine are Daylight Saving Time (yup, not supposed to pluralize saving, but that is not what bugs me), and the biggest: how US (and others) does dates! month-day-year? comeon!! CLEARLY it should be day-month-year, or even better, let's just all follow ISO-8601!)

LoL and don't get me started on imperial vs SI units
US East Coast, Kickstarter #1012, plus-package with added laser safety panels for enclosure.

Smectic

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 pm  

Hi, I finally received my Trinus printer last weekend here in Chile, and assembled it yesterday!!
So happy it worked pretty well right out the box.
It is a great machine guys, THANKS!!

BUT

The package didn't come with some of the things included in the original Kickstarter Pledge (copied here below):

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pledge Amount: $459.00
Survey Status: COMPLETED

$379 Reward

TRINUS 2-IN-1 You’ll get a Trinus with interchangeable 3D Printer and Laser Engraver heads. Go from 3D printing to engraving in 60 seconds! Comes with a 45g pack of premium Polymaker filament. + $40 for Heated Bed Platform + $25 for 750g PolyPlus (max 2/backer) Shipping not included.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did not receive the heated Bed Platform, nor any of the material samples.

I did also buy the laser encasing which did arrive and I assembled already and works like a charm.

Please respond to when should I expect the heated bed and samples, since I want to try other materials and the heated bed would be essential there.

Thanks

[s]

drofnas

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 am  

Smectic wrote:___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pledge Amount: $459.00
Survey Status: COMPLETED

$379 Reward

TRINUS 2-IN-1 You’ll get a Trinus with interchangeable 3D Printer and Laser Engraver heads. Go from 3D printing to engraving in 60 seconds! Comes with a 45g pack of premium Polymaker filament. + $40 for Heated Bed Platform + $25 for 750g PolyPlus (max 2/backer) Shipping not included.

Did you choose those items with the extra money you pledged in BackerKit? During the campaign you needed to add the extra amount on top of your pledge, so $379 + $40 + Shipping, would get you the Heated Bed. Then during the BackerKit phase is when you tell Kodama how you wanted that extra $40 spent from your original pledge, example from my BackerKit page:

TRINUS_-_The_Affordable_All-Metal_3D_Printer_-_BackerKit_-_Review.png
KS #153, US West Coast

Smectic

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 pm  

Hi, I think I got confused with what was and was not included in the original pledge and what was I adding on top of that.

This is what my two different pledges look like

I am very happy with my Trinus and wouldn't mind ordering again. But is seems at least some the things that were suppose to be shipped, were not in the box. no filament samples, no heated bed.

thanks again guys,
Attachments
trinus-2.jpg
trinus-1.jpg

•   Information