Kodama Forum

What Happened to the Heated Bed on the EU Kodama Store?

Comments posted here will get priority over comments posted on Kickstarter. Ask for and get info about shipments, schedules, etc.
DarkbutGood

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:10 pm  

I have had warping issues printing out thin objects and have been looking for the heated bed to help elevate this issue. As it is obvious to those of us who are unlucky enough to have the EU store as the best place to buy from Kodama we EU no longer have cheap access to the heat beds. Instead, we must buy from the Asian store and suffer a ridiculous $30 shipping cost as only the Asian store allows for true worldwide shipping.

So where is the heated bed, when is it coming back and why was it removed from the EU store in the first place?

Kodama_Roi

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 am  

1) Kodama stores maintain separate warehouse in each region. In so doing stocks can be shipped to warehouse in bulk and orders for one piece can be shipped at short distance. This makes shipping costs less expensive.

2) Stock of a part in a particular warehouse can be sold out so bulk supply has to be ordered from factory in bulk.

HBP is sold out in several warehouses and bulk supply ordered from factory is expected in about a month.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
-----------------------------------
Roi Igarashi, Chiba, Japan.

DarkbutGood

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:17 am  

Thank you for replying, but I think that you don't realize the problem. It is not just that the heat bed is out of stock in the EU store, it is not even listed in the EU store. This is what is so confusing as it implies that the heated bed is no longer going to available to the EU.

It is not that EU customers have to wait a month to get their orders it that we can't even order it on the EU store.

Kodama_Roi

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 pm  

I'll check it out with logistics. I heard we have this on order in bulk to restock the stores. I'll be back after I get some information.

DarkbutGood

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm  

Forgive me if I am being dense but I still don't think you understand the problem, it is not the logistics it's your EU website that is the problem. By removing the heated bed off the store listings you are confusing people. If the EU store is going to be restocked soon you need to relist the heated bed on the web site.

Kodama_Roi

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 pm  

I mean there must be a logical reason why it is not in the store so logistics are the people to ask since they are in charge of the stores.

Apparently, an entirely new product or heated bed cum leveling system kit will be released to replace the "old" HBP .(but the company is still in the process of preparing the details on the upgraded kit. )?

We can't accept orders for a discontinued model or announce details of an upgraded model for which details cannot yet be released. This perod of limbo should not be too long but I think the wait will be well worth it. Hold on your horses.

The long Chinese new year holidays is one of the reasons for the delay.

DarkbutGood

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:34 pm  

This starts to make more sense now, I know that there is a new heat bed model but I didn't understand why you could order it from everywhere other than the EU store. I hope that this is resolved soon as I have had a lot of frustration trying to deal with my warping problem and the EU store did not help that frustration lessen.

DarkbutGood

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:05 pm  

Any Updates?

DarkbutGood

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:17 pm  

Have you guys forgotten about me?

•   Information