Kodama Forum

LCD Screen Technical Specs?

For tinkerers exploring the full potential of their machines.
AndyF

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 am  

Thanks guys.

It´s a great convenience.

Andreas
Backer #41

AndyF

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:13 pm  

Is this a bug?

Look at the Extrusion. There is a different between S3D and the Display during the print.
Movement is correct.

Fehlerbild_S3D.png
Fehlerbild_S3D.png (9.01 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Display.jpeg

regards
Andreas
Backer #41

Thiengod

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:33 pm  

mnix wrote:haha ok, it's not too hard...

It's a Perl script (text file). I forget which OS you use - I use Linux which will likely already have Perl installed, OSX I'm not sure, and on Windows I use ActivePerl.

if you run the command "perl firmware.pl zip" in a folder with the Trinus_panel.HMI and Trinus_panel.tft files for the NX display, it will generate the zip file ready to upload, including the TJC files. You will also need to have a zip command.

If you have a look in the script for "Trinus_panel" you'll find it's easy enough to change that to whatever name you want to use :)

Hi mnix
I have *.HMI and *.tft for NX but I want to convert it to use for TJC
How to convert form NX display to TJC display "perl firmware.pl zip" is the text file.
Could you instruction cleaner
Sorry about my english

mnix

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:26 am  

Hi Thiengod,
firmware.pl is a text file that is a script for the Perl interpreter.
On windows, you can install ActivePerl (or there are others), on Linux there should be a Perl interpreter available as part of the operating system although it may not be installed, and I'm not sure about OSX - if it's not available as part of the OS there is definitely one available as a separate download.

Once you have a perl interpreter installed, the command should work.
Mike
Trinus Deluxe, Heated bed, LCD, Laser head and enclosure.
Author of the Trinus Console for Linux
Contributor to Trinus GCode Document

mnix

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 am  

AndyF wrote:Is this a bug?

Look at the Extrusion. There is a different between S3D and the Display during the print.
Movement is correct.

regards
Andreas

Not sure how it can be a bug in the LCD firmware - all it does is display the number given to it by the main PCB.
Unless the LCD isn't updating the extruder speed at all....

I'll take a look soon - also someone mentioned the extrude/retract test commands not working - I've confirmed this and will look into why at the same time.
Mike

mnix

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:26 am  

Ok so it wasn't updating the extruder speed... except when it was set on the LCD's speed page.

The problem was a line of code added earlier when we didn't have the extruder speed on the main screen.

For those playing along at home, the exact line is in status.updateTimer when it extracts the bed temp:

Code: Select all

sys0=sys1 // we've got all we need so bail out

delete that line and it's fixed.

I'll post an updated release once I've looked at the extrude test issue.
Mike

mnix wrote:
AndyF wrote:Is this a bug?

Movement is correct.

regards
Andreas

Not sure how it can be a bug in the LCD firmware - all it does is display the number given to it by the main PCB.
Unless the LCD isn't updating the extruder speed at all....

I'll take a look soon - also someone mentioned the extrude/retract test commands not working - I've confirmed this and will look into why at the same time.
Mike

Thiengod

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:46 am  

mnix wrote:Hi Thiengod,
On windows, you can install ActivePerl (or there are others), on Linux there should be a Perl interpreter available as part of the operating system although it may not be installed, and I'm not sure about OSX - if it's not available as part of the OS there is definitely one available as a separate download.

Mike

Hi mnix
I installed ActivePerl on Win7 but when I run perl it can not compress the file after I have finished converting. The files after the conversion is lost

AndyF

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:47 am  

Thanks for your quick response and help.

best regards
Andreas
Backer #41

mnix

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:25 pm  

Bugfix release 1.7a.

Extruder speed display and Extrude / Retract test buttons now work.

The extrude/retract problem was that the amount to move was being sent in binary rather than as text (happened as part of an update that allowed changing the amount to move).
A minor change to the button release code on both buttons has fixed it. There was also a bug in the code that changed the amount to move (changed a > to a < )

Enjoy :D
Attachments
Trinus_panel-Bastelkonig-1.7a.zip
Open source LCD firmware 1.7a with Bastelkonig skin
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Trinus_panel-1.7a.zip
Open source LCD firmware 1.7a with Drofnas/mnix skin
(1011.32 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

mnix

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 am  

Ok, I forgot to mention it needs a zip command to make the zip file.
If you don't need that step, you can just edit the script and put a # in front of the line that starts
system("zip "
and the four lines just under it that start with
unlink

That will stop it trying to make the zip and cleaning up afterwards.

Thiengod wrote:
mnix wrote:Hi Thiengod,

Mike

Hi mnix
I installed ActivePerl on Win7 but when I run perl it can not compress the file after I have finished converting. The files after the conversion is lost

•   Information