Kodama Forum

Getting Back Lost Z Axis Build Space

For tinkerers exploring the full potential of their machines.
edefault

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 am  

Hey ... am I the only one still modding the Trinus?

Anyway ... over time, through adding of adjustable platform, heated bed, magnetic holder for a Flexplate about 22 mm got lost of my precious build space.
This called for another simple but efficient mod: Two Z axis distance pads ;-) ... made of aluminium 60x60x25mm³, holes drilled, screws M3x70 & voila:

Note that I had to omit the plastic cover of z axis steppers - the build plate wouldn't fit in between (got to print me tighter ones soon).

Afro3dprinter

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm  

Nice bit of modding there :)

thomas

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:01 pm  

...made something similar, but printed in ABS as I've no access to a CNC-mill.... And I'm still modding the Trinus, trying new components (at the moment EZstick from GeckoTec), replacing cables with silicone cables (more flexible, less breaks) - but it seems that there are not a lot of people still active in the forum.
backer # 2040

edefault

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:17 pm  

You don't need a CNC mill to drill 3 holes into a block af aluminium, do you? Just copy the holes through the base plate ... which was the reason I did it *this* way: Can't print while Trinus is disassembled 8-)

thomas

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm  

edefault wrote:You don't need a CNC mill to drill 3 holes into a block af aluminium, do you? Just copy the holes through the base plate ... which was the reason I did it *this* way: Can't print while Trinus is disassembled 8-)

...no, for drilling 3 holes I don't need a CNC - but some flat plates of Aluminium with the right dimensions - printing is much easier ;-)
backer # 2040

BellZBubba

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:26 pm  

One possible issue here. What if you have and use the enclosure? How much room do you have at the top?

edefault

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 pm  

BellZBubba wrote:One possible issue here. What if you have and use the enclosure? How much room do you have at the top?

Oh, there is plenty of space left within the enclosure.

Btw., I take it off quite often since every now and then both electronics and mechanics need maintenance.
Drilled me some holes into the base plate to let the cabling go through the bottom, which eases lifting of the enclosure a lot. Nwe idea: replace the four screws with a single lever... :-)

•   Information