Kodama Forum

Pango Adding Infill Layers Inside Bottom Layers (Bug?)

Talk about Pango, Simplify3D, Cura, and all else.
anne101

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:35 pm  

I've been noticing that in pango it'll show the walls and the bottom layers but when it prints it adds an extra layer of infill on top of bottom layer before going to the next wall section. Does anyone know where the heck is this coming from? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Does this happen for other people?

To be more clear with my description, if you had a solid cube and the settings were 2 walls, 6 layers, 10% infill. In pango what you see is the 2 walls and the alternating diagonal solid layers for 6 layers then the infill, just as you should. But when it prints it does the walls, then a diagonal solid layer, then, on the same level, a layer of infill, then goes on to the next actual layer. This doesn't seem to happen with top layers, just bottom layers
Attachments
IMG_20170407_142614.jpg

drofnas

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 am  

Maybe an issue with the Model? Thingiverse link?

Have you tried clicking on the View Layers button (right above the Settings cog) to see what it will do for each layer? It will start by showing you the final layer (top), but you can drag the little white dot all the way to the bottom, then you can use the Up Arrow on you keyboard to move up a layer at a time to see what operation it will perform.

I did notice a bug in the viewing of the layers, after it gets to Layer 7 for me, the lower shell (down layers) disappear from view, but that's just a visual bug in Pango (or maybe it's a feature, who knows).
KS #153, US West Coast

anne101

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:07 pm  

I'm pretty sure it's not the model as I think it happens with all the models I've printed, but for reference that pic is of the first layer of The Ultimate Spool Holder http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2047554

And what I was trying to say is it all looks correct in pango with the layers on. I can go look at the travel path and it shows correct, no wacky extra infill pattern being shown in Pango.
Attachments
next_layer.png
1st layer
bottom_layer.png
0thlayer

sojungg

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:55 pm  

Hi,

I am witnessing a problem with the same one.

It is very serious problem.

sojungg

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm  

I found the solution for this issue which caused by Pango 2.3.0

Return to Pango 2.1.0

•   Information