Kodama Forum

My printer suddenly paused and now doesn't print right.

Kodama will consolidate FAQ and answers (from Kodama + contributors/users) in this forum.
wincelet

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 am  

Hmm, I've tried using a new SD card but I'm getting the same result. Perhaps I'm setting something incorrectly in S3D?

dynosor

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 am  

My Trinus has aborted 3 print jobs in the week that I have had it. It stops as if it has finished the print, except that the display states less than 100%.

It does not always fail in the same spot, when I restart the same file using the SD card:

I printed one model to completion today, and then wanted a second copy. The second print failed at 20%. I restarted it and it failed again at 30%.

I re-sliced the file and am printing that right now...

Have also ordered new SD cards, in case this one is bad.

So, I seem to have a variant of this failure mode.

I am concerned that the wires to the print head will break from fatigue, due to inadequate strain relief. Can't imagine that they have broken already...

Kodama_Roi

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:34 pm  

If you are using simplify3d version 4, then you probably need to use the "Trinus Rocks.fff" profile. I can't upload this file here, so please send an email to support@kodama3d.com and ask to receive the Trinus Rock.fff simplify3d profile by return email.
I am thankful to those who correct me. Please share with me what you know and teach me where I err.
The trouble with my ignorance is I am seldom conscious of my own ignorance.

dynosor

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:00 pm  

Thanks Roi

There are two versions of Pango, downloadable from the site, or the SD card that came with the printer. I am using the earlier version to slice models; not the very latest version.

By the way my printer has been running for over 5 hours and 18 minutes on another model without any problem.

Kodama_Roi

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 pm  

Can you check what firmware version runs in both machines? Are they running the same version?

If you are getting random pauses, one possible hardware issue is that the thermistor plug (blue) is intermittently (split-second) disconnected which is enough to cause the printer to stop when that happens.

You can try every so slightly bend the two pins closer to each other (or farther from each other) in the socket where the blue plug goes in. (not too much or you might break the pin or cause the plug to refuse to go into the socket). The slight bend usually improves the electrical contact of the plug/socket to avoid split-second disconnection.

If you are getting pauses (or stops) always at the same place, suspect a bad SD card or bad gcode/pcode file. Changing the SD card with a new one would be the quickest fix.
I am thankful to those who correct me. Please share with me what you know and teach me where I err.

dynosor

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:58 pm  

Not sure how to check firmware version. When I select "about" from menu on printer control panel, it reads:

"Trinus
Kodama3D.com".

Have one printer only . Have two versions of Pango. 2.1 and 2.3.0. I have been using 2.1.

Complete print finished after close to 6 hours. My longest yet.

I will check out the security of the blue plug. Intermittent electrical connection sounds like a plausible failure mode.

Thanks

Kodama_Roi

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:05 pm  

Be sure to turn off Trinus. unplug powe4 and USB cable before you attempt to slightly bend the pins ti avoid a bad electrical short.

dynosor

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:06 pm  

Thanks Roi.

•   Information