Kodama Forum

Aussie Trinus Beer & BBQ Corner

For all topics that don't fit in anywhere else.
pfeerick

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 am  

SimTech wrote:hello@pfeerick....yes the Aurarum pla is doing the job nicely. ... The solution was to remove the filament after printing and trim about 100mm and store correctly.....no more issues. ... Havn't printed with ABS yet but intend experimenting with this and some more exotic stuff when I finish my E3D Titan extruder mod. For the record my Trinus prints much better using Simplify 3D with the inbuilt Trinus profile when compared with an identical Pango print with both Kodama and Aurarum PLA....Happy printing:)

@SimTech Yeah, I certainly can't complain about either the PLA or ABS yet... seems to work just great with both my Trinus and Flux Delta. I've done their PLA and ABS on the trinus, and the ABS was great (used it for the corner lock-in prints for the enclosure... no more rattly and not so held tight enclosure ;) ). I've noticed on both the trinus and the delta that if you leave filament in it tends to snap within a couple of days, so remove it after a print... just like how you do it ;)

I just did my first print after adding the glass bed (I was going to wait for the leveling bed, but decided to give it a try as is)... (and also with the new Simplify3D 4.0 which I reset to stock settings - which do appear to be different to my old v3 settings) and damn... it was good. Just the glass clipped onto the heat bed, no glue or build-tak surface! Has a dead flat finish, and didn't have any bed adhesion issues at all. And because I used some bronze metallic filament, it has that flat surface to the back of the print has that a reflective gloss finish to it... I like! ;)
Backer #3195, Deluxe+ (LCD, Heated bed, Enclosure, Laser, BuildTak, Nozzle kit), Australia

SimTech

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 pm  

Ha Ha...another happy printer...where did you end up getting the glass bed from...I am thinking about going with this as well..any tips or tricks on fitting?
happy printing:)

pfeerick

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:42 am  

Ah stubborn 'lil... sugar! First print was nearly perfect, later prints didn't want to bond so well. In other news, I ordered the leveling bed and silicone socks from the ANZ store on the 29th of July (but the socks were backordered, so held the order up, which was fine). I then got an email on the 8th of August to say that the order had shipped, and it arrived this morning (10th August)... so when they ship, there is no mucking around... other than by our beloved 'straylia post ;)

I got the glass bed through Sean on the facebook group... and I can't complain with the quality or price. I also got some swiss clips from him with the glass bed, and clipped that over the heat bed. Because I haven't worked out the trick with adhesion with the glass bed once I've put the leveling bed on, I've temporarily taken that off, and am now using the heat bed and build-tak on the leveling bed... so once I've got time to figure out what I'm doing wrong (and probably also finish leveling it properly!) I'll just change the mechanical z offset and clip the glass bed back on... it seems to snap on well with the swiss clips on the leveling bed.
Backer #3195, Deluxe+ (LCD, Heated bed, Enclosure, Laser, BuildTak, Nozzle kit), Australia

SimTech

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:49 am  

cheers for that....when I find time I,ll have a look at getting a glass bed fitted.
happy printing:)

•   Information