Kodama Forum

Aluminum Filament

What kinds of filament are you using? Where did you get it? What are your results?
Arie

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 am  

Used an Alimunium filament (PLA) from another vendor (123-3d) which worked out fine with default 210 C and no heated bed used (which is already broken down, working on replacing cable which seems to be the problem).

Backer #3421, Trinus Deluxe+

Xorgeo

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:04 pm  

I tried temperatures between 190 and 230 in 10 degree increments. I think I need to increase the nozzle diameter so that it puts less back pressure on the filament. There are likely other dimensions that need to be adjusted. I still consider myself as a newbie. Perhaps there are tutorials or videos that discusses the speed, temperature, extrude diameter, filament type, print quality, etc.

Xorgeo

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:26 am  

I had the same no-feed problem with the Polyflex filament. I changed out the nozzle (as delivered, the size is not stamped, but likely 0.4 mm) with a 0.6 mm nozzle and increased the temperature to 220 degrees C. This appears to be working for the Polyflex filament, therefore I will try changing back later today to the Aluminum PLA filament.

Xorgeo

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:02 am  

We need a way to share Pango config files, so that we can converge upon filament settings solutions.

I retried printing an Aluminum PLA part today along with various parameter adjustments, however it failed at 60% completion (a 6 hour part). Obliviously, more parameter adjustments are required.

Xorgeo

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:28 am  

After installing the following printed part:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2041586

The Aluminum filament has worked great using the following settings:
    0.6mm nozzle, Raft Gap Thickness=0.25mm, Print Speed=24mm/s, Support Speed=24mm/s, Extruder Temperature=235 deg, Raft Temperature=230 deg

Beign1996

Sat May 06, 2017 4:50 pm  

i did it was hard since it needs removing into place

•   Information