Kodama Forum

OSX always crashing

Resources and support for those new to 3D printing.
ipc1-de

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:44 pm  

Hi Kodama,

whenever I plug in the usb cable, crashes Mac OSX. :cry:
I installed the usb driver CH-340, but it crashes nevertheless.

regards
Markus

MacBook Pro Late 13 - OSX 10.12
Markus

Baker #2.559 Germany Trinus Deluxe +

ipc1-de

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:55 pm  

I solved the problem with installing the driver from here: https://tzapu.com/ch340-ch341-serial-ad ... os-sierra/

But the next question is, how can I save the files Pango-Files directly into the Trinus, without removing the SD-Card?
The LCD-Cabel is too short to remove every time the enclosure. How can I use the USB-Cabel with my MacBook?
Markus

Rick

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:23 pm  

You cannot write to the SD card in the printer. You need to remove the card and insert it into a card reader/writer connected to your MacBook. Does you MacBook have an SD card reader/writer built in?
US Backer #984 - Deluxe+ with added laser panels

Kodama_Roi

Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:42 am  

ipc1-de... Thank you for the input, most specially your use of the driver for os-sierra. So you could connect via USB without any issue with the iMac at all... for example, the mouse failing or some similar unwanted consequences? Can we consider your Trinus-USB-MacBook driver solution a "proven" solution that we can recommend to fellow users?

Rick... Thank you for the helpful clarification on SD write within Trinus3d via USB... and that SD write has to be done with the SD card directly connected to the computer.
I am thankful to those who correct me. Please share with me what you know and teach me where I err.
The trouble with my ignorance is I am seldom conscious of my own ignorance.

Kodama_Roi

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:13 am  

ipc1.de Your link for a working USB driver for the MacBook is encouraging. I did receive some feedback internally that for some, it didn't work. Would you have any clue why it worked for you and yet it doesn't for others?
I am thankful to those who correct me. Please share with me what you know and teach me where I err.

ipc1-de

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:37 pm  

Kodama_Roi wrote:ipc1.de Your link for a working USB driver for the MacBook is encouraging. I did receive some feedback internally that for some, it didn't work. Would you have any clue why it worked for you and yet it doesn't for others?

I had to install it twice until it worked
Markus

Kodama_Roi

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:41 pm  

Afro3dprinter wrote:This ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver https://github.com/adrianmihalko/ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver now appears at least to work for me without any issues :)

It seems on first install, his mouse failed, and on the 2nd time installing the same driver, the mouse issue resolved itself.

Nakomis

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:23 pm  

I've downloaded the driver from github, and installed it twice, but when I open the Pango console, I'm not getting a connection, and the controls don't do anything to the printer

I'm osing macOS Sierra, Pango 2.2.0 and the shielded USB cable provided by Kodama
Martin Harris

Kodama_Roi

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 am  

@Nakomis... thank you for your feedback... does the macOS seem to see the USB port or nothing has changed even after you have installed the driver?... What sort of message did you get when you plugged in Trinus?

I'm not a mac user, but I am digging for whatever hints that might help other mac users. Thank you.

Rick

Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 am  

Nakomis wrote:I've downloaded the driver from github, and installed it twice, but when I open the Pango console, I'm not getting a connection, and the controls don't do anything to the printer

I'm osing macOS Sierra, Pango 2.2.0 and the shielded USB cable provided by Kodama

Isn't Pango 2.3 the latest version for Mac?
US Backer #984 - Deluxe+ with added laser panels

•   Information